Unfortunately, most 403(b) plans offered by school districts today are set up with large insurance companies and are awful when you get down to the details. They don't meet anything close to a fiduciary standard, and that's a problem. As discussed in this New York Times Article, these plans come with high, hidden fees, poor investment choices, and confusing withdrawal rules.
However, there are solutions to make a change and provide your district with a best in class 403(b) plan. That's where 403(b) consulting comes in!
We help districts with the research, implementation, and ongoing advice so their 403(b) plan is able to ensure the following important benefits to every teacher and administrator that participates:Low, transparent fees
- Depending on plan, all-in fees can be as low as ~1.00%!
- All fees are fully transparent - districts and teachers know how much they're paying at all times.
- Our connections and negotiations with different vendors can end up cutting plan fees in half, compared to the large, traditional 403(b) vendors that are present in most districts today.
- Sponsoring districts work with a fiduciary advisor and expert team during the entire process; from research and recommendations to implementation and ongoing monitoring, we ensure everything runs smoothly and reduces liability.
- Participants receive financial education from a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®).
- An Exceptional Life Financial is dedicated specifically to financial planning for teachers. We focus on and are experts on this exact area.
- We help coordinate 403(b), 401(a), 401(h), & 457(b) plans. Since most districts don't just have a 403(b), everything needs to work together seamlessly.
- An Exceptional Life Financial is a fiduciary and proud to always put the best interests of the sponsoring district and plan participants first.
- We have the ability to serve in a 3(21) or 3(38) capacity.
- We are a Fee-Only firm, so we never sell anything on commission, get kickbacks, or recommend unnecessary annuities to participants.
- Regular on-site visits to each district for educational presentations & one-on-one help.
- In person and virtual meetings available for participants.
- State-of-the-art online portal and tools made available to the sponsoring district and all participants.
Are you ready to provide your district with a better retirement plan? Contact us today and we'll help you build and implement a best in class 403(b) plan you can be proud to offer your teachers and staff..